Dinosaur of the day Hadrosaurus, the first dinosaur skeleton to be mounted.
In dinosaur news this week:
- A new dinosaur, Jinguofortis perplexus, gives a perplexing glimpse into early bird evolution
- A new carcharodontosaurid specimen was found North of Lisbon in Portugal
- The National Museum in Rio, Brazil may reopen in 3 years if they can secure funding
- The Dinosaur Gallery at the Australian Museum has reopened after adding the T. rex from the show “T. rex Autopsy”
- The New Mexico Museum of Natural History Foundation has a campaign to open a permanent exhibit of an animatronic “Bisti Beast”
- The Royal Tyrrell Museum 3D printed a Daspletosaurus skull for display because the original was too fragile to cast
- The Upcountry History Museum in Greenville, South Carolina, has a new exhibit, “Dinosaurs: Land of Fire and Ice”
- Beaumont, Texas will celebrate a Dinosaur Day on October 24th, with activities such as painting papier-mâché dinosaurs.
- 9-year-old Elijah Stevenson won first place in the Kern County Fair in California, for his dinosaur exhibit
This episode is brought to you in part by TRX Dinosaurs, which makes beautiful and realistic dinosaur sculptures, puppets, and animatronics. You can see some amazing examples and works in progress on Instagram @trxdinosaurs
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Hadrosaurus, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Hadrosaurus-Episode-202/